Dancin Vineyards in Medford, OR
I recently got back from a road trip down to Ashland, OR (before the recent devastating fires). The weather was hot and sunny but things were pretty quiet because of the canceled Shakespeare Festival. Matt and I had some nice cabin time and we managed to get some delicious blue cheese at the Rogue Creamery and have an outdoor lunch at Dancin Vineyards. We even stopped in Portland along the way for some outstanding takeout from Eem and Master Kong.
I'm currently wrapping up photos of my latest art and will send an email when everything is ready in the shop. You may want to subscribe to my mailing list so you'll be the first to know about it.
- You might know Robert Irwin as the designer of the Central Garden at the Getty. The book Seeing is Forgetting the Name of the Thing One Sees is about his life and methods and is an inspirational text for anyone interested in making art. It changed my perception of what art is.
- I picked up a couple of beautiful Hilma af Klint art books. Paintings for the Future and Visionary. She was exploring geometric abstractions years before her more famous male contemporaries.
- A couple of recent movie gems are Tesla and The Sunlit Night.
- Two new-to-me shows that I enjoyed are Pen15 and Mrs. America.
- Watching Mrs. America sent me on a feminist reading jag with The Feminine Mystique and the Gloria Steinem book The Truth Will Set You Free, but First it Will Piss You Off! I even read the recent bestseller Untamed.
Whatever you want to do, just do it. Making a damn fool of yourself is absolutely essential. —Gloria Steinem
All the women I know feel a little like outlaws. —Marilyn French
Want this delivered directly to your inbox? Subscribe to my newsletter.