Still social distancing
What a crazy month this has been. The racial violence and inequality that goes on in this country is finally getting the attention it deserves. We need to do more. I need to do more. I donated to Black Women's Health Imperative (BWHI) which targets the most pressing health issues for black women and girls. I'm also donating 50% of my sales proceeds to BWHI for the foreseeable future.
That said, I'm slowly plugging away at my art. I'm putting the finishing touches on my mini-art and I'm currently working on some geometric art that will be as big as my laser cutter allows.
- I just picked up a book about Frederick Hammersley. I like his concept of "painting without thinking" which means he applies constraints and process to his work so he's not overwhelmed by choice. I'm going to steal his idea and call it "design without thinking."
- These Ugmonk masks are the best I've found (I've tried a lot of them).
- I'm still getting my Amos Kennedy mini-posters in the mail. Nothing prevents him from hitting the presses to make his art.
- The shows Insecure, Betty, and I May Destroy You have been getting me through things. This is the future of television.
- This Stacey Abrams interview is a good one. She's incredibly articulate about the issues that affect black lives.
Effective leaders must be truth seekers, and that requires a willingness to understand truths other than our own. —Stacey Abrams
Don't let setbacks set you back. —Stacey Abrams
Want this delivered directly to your inbox? Subscribe to my newsletter.